Who doesn’t like a little chocolaty goodness every once in a while? I love to find recipes and tweak them to fit my nutritional needs and sometimes I get a real hit. I have made these several times for gatherings, for snacks, and for my daughter who is on contest prep and every time they came out consistency spot on and passed everyone’s taste buds.
The original recipe came from All recipies.com and I tweaked it to make it fit my needs and here it is. I hope you enjoy this little muffin as much as we do.
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour (I like Cup for Cup)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (use a little more if needed)
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini ( I bought the zoodles and just chopped them with a knife)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 muffin tin with non stick spray or use paper liners.
- Combine all ingredients, I mixed everything together at once and added the chocolate chips and walnuts at the very end.
- Mix together until it makes a nice sticky consistency.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full (I use an ice cream scooper, it makes things so much neater).
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Enjoy, store in fridge due to the gluten free flour.