Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Casserole
One of the best things you can do in the kitchen is to play around with ingredients. You can create so many awesome dishes with just a little imagination and creativity.
Sometimes, I just throw a ton of ingredients in my slow cooker and surprise an amazing dish was just brought into the world.
This cheesy chicken casserole was no exception. We enjoyed this for dinner and lunch for 3 days in my house, yes it was that good.
- Chicken (I used boneless skinless chicken tenders)
- Red bell peppers diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- Spinach leaves torn into smaller pieces
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup light cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 2 wedges of Laughing Cow cheese (any flavor)
- 1 jar of mild salsa
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- Salt and pepper as desired
- Place chicken into slow cooker, I used 5 pieces of frozen chicken tenders.
- Cook on high for 1 hour and medium for 5-6 hours.
- The last 30 minutes add in brown rice (I use individual Minute Brown Rice), black beans, add spinach, salsa, peppers, onion, cream cheese, and laughing cow cheese and mix together. Cook on medium for 30 minutes and serve.
- Lasts in the fridge for 3-4 days in a covered dish.
There are so many alternatives you can do with this recipe. I only added red peppers because that is what I had, but you can add yellow and orange peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, whatever vegetables you like. You could also do a variety of rice or even quinoa. Make it your own and have fun with it.