If you are in the mood for all things Fall and Pumpkin then this pumpkin protein smoothie is just want you need. This recipe was inspired by Erin Opera and I just made some changes to fit my needs. You can make this several different ways to fit your dietary needs. If you are dairy free then omit the yogurt and whipped cream and if you want less sugar leave out the whipped cream on top.
This is perfect for a mid day snack when you need some protein and want something delicious and it is much better for you then sugar filled pumpkin lattes.
• 6 ice cubes
• ½ banana
• 2 tablespoons real pumpkin
• 4 oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
• 1 tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt
• 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
• ½ tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1. Add all ingredients together into a blender. Mix well and until ice is crushed.
2. Pour into a glass and top with a small dollop of whip cream and pumpkin pie spice to your liking.
I would love to hear your thoughts once you try this. I believe it will quickly become one of your Fall favorites.