Who has time to cook a lavish meal these days? Not me, that’s for sure at least not during the week; but I still want to eat healthy and well balanced meals. I love my recipes to be under 30 minutes and it has to be a well balanced with protein, vegetables and of course delicious.. This easy meal fits all the above criteria and it can be done in about 20 minutes TOPS. This is also the perfect type of meal to cook in bulk for a well planned meal prep. This way you have it readily available for a couple of meals. I suggest doubling the recipe if you want to do that and if other family members that will be eating it to.
Another thing that you can do with this recipe is add brown rice or quinoa to it. I didn’t this time because it was for my dinner and it was after 7:00 pm and I didn’t need the extra carbs just before bed. However, if I was having it for lunch I may add in some rice. I am not kidding when I tell you I like convenience so I purchase the little individual brown rice or quinoa bowls by Minute Rice. I personally only use 1/2 a serving though but they are fast and you can add them to any meal. Are you ready to see how super easy this one is?
- 1 zucchini
- 1 zucchini squash
- 1 c grape tomatoes
- 1 package any flavor of chicken sausage ( I used Trader Joe’s Roasted Garlic here)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- optional: a little coconut amino for a finishing touch at the very end of the cooking cycle.
Super Easy Directions:
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add about a 1- 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Slice chicken sausage and add to skillet once heated.
2. Chopped up all veggies, once chicken sausage is three-fourths of the way finished cooking add veggies to pan. Sprinkle salt to taste.
3. Allow to cook until veggies are finished (don’t overcook to where they are soggy, you lose vital vitamins at that point). If using coconut aminos this is when I would put about 1 – 2 tablespoons.
4. Enjoy as a meal or add a side of rice or quinoa.
Now, didn’t I tell you that was super easy. The tomatoes in my opinion, really made it work. The flavors all worked so well together and the tomatoes added some much needed bold color. I love colorful meals that shows you that you are getting a variety of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals.