Every year Athena Shrimp is what I ask my husband to cook for my birthday. It is my absolute favorite seafood dish. The flavors from the bitterness of the feta cheese to the juiciness of the grape tomatoes mix together extremely well. The best part is any one can make it in under 30 minutes from start to finish. If you like a little more basil you can chose the tomato basil feta cheese as an option.
It is loaded with protein from the shrimp and feta cheese and tons of antioxidants from the tomatoes. It’s a win win dish all the way around.
Here are the quick details on how to prepare this dish.
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 c cherry or roma tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Italian parsley for flavor
- garlic powder to flavor
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine shrimp, tomatoes, olive oil, and parsley in a bowl and mix well.
- Transfer to a shallow baking dish and sprinkle feta on top
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with a delicious salad
I would love to hear about how much you like it to.