PB Protein Muffins
If you are looking for that high protein well balanced carb meal to get you through your workouts then look no further… I mean we all struggle with what to eat pre-workout especially for those early morning workout sessions… I discovered this recipe recently and modified it to fit my nutritional requirements to make it trainer approved… Go ahead give it a go and let me know what you think….
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter (you could use almond butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 scoops of protein powder ( I used BSN Sythna 6 chocolate)
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life mini diary free chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all ingredients into a mixer (add chocolate chips and walnuts during last minute of mixing).
- Mix until well incorporating; mix will be pretty liquidy.
- Line muffin tin with muffin cups and spray with non stick spray.
- Using an ice cream scooper fill muffin cups 1/2 full.
- Bake 15-18 minutes depending on oven or until knife comes out clean.